1.30.2006

M-Theory and Falsifiability

You know, the arrogance of theorists like Edward Witten and Joseph Polchinski is astounding to me at times. I realize that the petty fiefdoms of academia require you to defend your turf in order to secure publishing and funding, but the tone of their claims recently has gone beyond the measure for me.

It's like, dude, M-Theory hasn't even produced any falsifiable results yet, but you want to put it forward as the leading candidate for the Theory of Everything? I mean, what about non-perturbative canonical quantum gravity, or b-quark interactions?

Look, if your theoretical model isn't fine-tuned enough to yield predictive datum, that's fine, feel free to publish it, but let's not get all messiah complex just yet, Ok? You're not the Savior of Physics. At best, you're a minor prophet.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger JC Chasez said...

Yeah, whatever.

Why is your tagline haiku one syllable short? Your 5th grade education coming up a little wanting?

11:11 AM  
Blogger CB said...

So, yeah, you're writing about theoretical physics and I'm reading the words, but all it's doing is song taggin' me with 'That Don't Impress Me Much' by Shania Twain.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Brit said...

CB,

That's because you're a poor, whiny bitch with a tiny cock.

Don't miss my upcoming guest appearance on Will and Grace, everyone! Luv and XOXXXOO to you all!

Brit.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am curious which blogging and site-building platform you're running? I'm new to running a blog and have been thinking about using
the Quizilla platform. Do you think this is a good foundation to
start with? I would be really thankful if I could ask you some
questions through e-mail so I can learn a bit more before getting started.
When you have some free time, please make sure to get
in touch with me at: marti_clifton@gmail.com. Thanks!



Also visit my web page Learn Additional

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home